Lemon poppyseed muffins
« WeCare Blog | August 8, 2019 |
Food and drink
Lemon poppyseed muffins are a breakfast classic. The bright lemon flavor and the slight crunch of the poppy seeds are well loved by millions and now you can eat them without risk of sending your blood sugar soaring.
- 2 cups almond flour
- Granulated sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract (can also use vanilla)
- Powdered sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Additional water to adjust consistency
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a muffin tin with paper liners (use parchment paper for easier release).
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, poppyseeds, and baking powder. Add melted butter, eggs, almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract. Stir well to combine.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake 25 to 35 minutes, until tops are just golden brown and muffins are set. Remove and let cool.
- For the glaze, whisk sweetener with lemon juice and enough water to make a thin drizzling consistency (how much will depend on your sweetener). Drizzle over cooled muffins.