Halloumi Stuffed Peppers
Halloumi Stuffed Peppers are a colourful treat and packed with flavour. They’re easy to make and quick to eat! Great as a main course with a salad or as a side dish.
- 250g halloumi cheese (cubed)
- 4 large red peppers
- 50g couscous
- 290g jar antipasti marinated mushrooms
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- warm bread and mixed salad to serve
Nutritional values per serving:
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (or 180 C if fan assisted, gas mark 6).
- Take 4 large red peppers and cut them in half (lengthwise) through the stalks. Remove the seeds and stalk fibres. Place the red pepper halves on a baking tray.
- Drain 290g mushrooms. Remember to keep the antipasti marinated juice/oil from the jar. Pour one tablespoon of the antipasti marinated juice/oil over the peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the peppers in the oven. Bake for 20 25 minutes until the peppers are just becoming tender.
- Add 50g couscous and 100ml hot vegetable stock in a bowl. Leave it to soak for 5 minutes. Then, using a fork, fluff up the mixture.
- Add in 250g halloumi cheese cubes, mushrooms, and chopped parsley. Stir well to mix it all together. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly begin to fill in the red pepper halves.
- Place the filled red pepper halves back into the over for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven when the halloumi cheese turns a golden colour.
- Serve the filled red pepper halves warm with a mixed salad and warm bread.
EMEA NA 2100260 Seasonal Recipe. Spring Halloumi Stuffed Peppers ©2022 Medtronic. All rights reserved