Halloumi Fries with a Zingy Mexican Salsa
This is the perfect summertime snack. If you like a hot salsa، you can add 1 red chilli، chopped to the salsa.
Serves : 4-6
- 400g Halloumi cheese with mint
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- For the Mexican Salsa:
- 300g colourful baby tomatoes، chopped roughly.
- 3 jalapeno chillies، chopped.
- 1 red onion، peeled and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions، sliced thinly.
- A small hand full fresh coriander chopped Salt.
- Juice of 1 lime + 1 lime، sliced into quarters، for serving، a few sprigs fresh coriander for serving.
- Pat the halloumi dry with towel paper and slice into fingers، set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl، season with salt and sprinkle the lime juice over. Leave to stand for 20 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Fry the halloumi just before serving; heat half of the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and fry the halloumi on both sides in batches.
- Reduce the heat if the cheese start to brown to quickly. Remove from the pan and drain on towel paper.
- Repeat with the rest of the oil and cheese fingers.
- Serve with fries warm with the salsa، the extra lime wedges and the fresh coriander.