infusion set and reservoir
One set change per week1
Medtronic Extended is the only infusion set available for a 7-day wear.
The Medtronic Extended infusion set lasts twice as long as standard 3-day sets while providing you safety1,
The Medtronic Extended infusion set should be used with the 7-day Medtronic Extended Reservoir 3.0ml.
Designed with new materials to allow a longer wear*
Keeps the sites you prefer working for
Simple and Painless to
Conveniently synced with Medtronic CGM
Keeps the sites you prefer working for longer*
Fewer set changes* means more time for your infusion sites to
By switching to the Medtronic Extended infusion set, you can reduce your set changes by half*.
Simple and Painless to insert*
The insertion design makes the Medtronic Extended easy to place in hard-to-reach areas of the body and it is virtually
- The 90° soft cannula is offered in two sizes: 6mm and 9mm.
- Different tubing length are also available to fit your needs.
1. Peel adhesive
2. Pinch & remove safety print
3. Place on body
4. Press the button
To optimise insulin absorption, reduce insulin degradation and prevent set obstruction, change your Medtronic Extended infusion set and reservoir up to every 7 days, or as per your healthcare professional’s
Reduce plastic waste*
By using Medtronic Extended and changing your infusion set less often*, you can reduce plastic waste by half which is equivalent to up to 1,9 kg a year5.
Medtronic Extended Reservoir
The new 7-day Medtronic Extended reservoir 3.0ml is also available to be used exclusively with the Medtronic Extended infusion set.
- Ilany J, et al. Abstract 416 - Clinical study of a new extended wear infusion set design. 13th ATTD International Conference. February 2020.
- Medtronic Data on File. MinimedTM MioTM Advance US Pivotal Trials. 152 Patients interviewed. 2020.
- Zhang G, et al. 986-P - Assessment of adhesive patches for an extended wear infusion set. 80th ADA International Conference, June 2020.
- Zhang JY, et al. Advances in Insulin Pump Infusion Sets Symposium Report. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology 2021; DOI: 10.1177/1932296821999080
- Fusselman H, et al. FUSS2015D-P - The Extended Wear Infusion Set - A Design for Plastic Waste Reduction. Virtual Diabetes Technology Meeting. 2020.
- Medtronic Extended Infusion Set Instruction For Use Comparison versus GuardianTM Sensor 3.
- ThethiTK, et al. Consequence of delayed pump infusion line change in individuals with type 1 diabetes mellitus treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion. J Diab Comp. 2010;24(2):73-78
* vs the 3-day infusion set MiniMedTM Quick-set